Below are some personal notes I’ve made for reference in regards to the USFL coming back this weekend. I’m also, as I did with the XFL, putting in some tier championship plays. I really like some of these teams and as you know with the XFL, I love these leagues. I also put together a little cheat sheet for Week 1 DFS. Let me know in chat if you have any questions or how to construct a lineup. Ignore the “Bets” section of the cheat sheet, I typically jot down notes so I can dig further closer to lock and narrow on my plays so those are not officially what I am playing. Remember to have fun and enjoy football while winning a little bit of coin.
New Orleans Breakers (+600): 1u
Philadelphia Stars (+550): .5u
Pittsburgh Maulers (+1000): .25u
Michigan Panthers (Mike Nolan)
- Takes over for Jeff Fisher
- Josh Love the QB, Carson Strong a solid backup.
- Reggie Corbin another top back in the USFL
- WR group is solid with Ross and Walker
- Solid Defense
New Jersey Generals (Mike Riley)
- Team won 9 in a row in 2022, finishing 9-1.
- Johnson listed as the QB1, expect Kyle Lauletta to mix in like Perez did in 2022.
- Victor is a bowling ball BEAST.
- Trey Williams is more of a change of pace, receiving back.
- I like Moore as a solid WR, nothing special. Satterfield is a big body deep threat.
Philadelphia Stars (Bart Andrus)
- Case Cookus is back, pass happy offense.
- Same coach as 2022 – expect the same exact team. Love this team
- Matt Colburn the RB1
- Suell in the slot, Corey Coleman outside with Rowland
- Bug Howard returns as their TE1
Pittsburgh Maulers (Ray Horton)
- Same OC as 2022. Expect dramatic improvements and more production.
- James Morgan will be QB1
- Mandre Londonis a solid back, Groshek slow and meh.
- FANTASTIC WR group. Walker/Gaither/Hardaway/Hennie all return ++++
Birmingham Stallions (Skip Holtz)
- Won in 2022. J’Mar Smith is back
- Same exact team as 2022. Won the ship. Good defense and solid offense.
- Bo Scarbrough the RB1
Houston Gamblers (Curtis Johnson)
- Kenji Bahar back at QB. Played “okay” to end the 2022 season.
- Mark Thompson the top back of the USFL is back
- WRs will mix in, Palka the slot so PPR viability.
- Johnson was the Tulane HC 2012-2015. Was awful, combined 15-34.
- Extreme pass heavy there in 2012, 50/50 in 13-15.
- Expect them to mirror the Brahmas from the XFL in style.
Memphis Showboats (Todd Haley)
- Formally Tampa Bay Bandits
- Same team as 2022 Bandits – new QB in Brady White
- Alex Collins the RB – long stints in the NFL
- Deep but spread out WR group
New Orleans Breakers (John DeFilippo)
- Pass happy (65%+)//Expect explosive offense.
- McLeod Bethel-Thompson the QB, won CFL ship last season.
- Anthony Jones a solid back, emerged last year
- Great WR group, can’t emphasize enough how good this offense will be.
- Dixon/Adams/Morris – Sage Surratt is a WR in a TE body